So, I started building software to solve business problems. Turns out, despite the seeming market saturation of software, there are still incredible opportunities to be had from even the simplest business ideas if you just focus on the right things.
A quick rundown of notable stuff:
- I currently run one of the most popular social sharing apps on Blogger, Share It. Clocking in at around 250MM pageviews a month.
- Built CalendarHub.com, a social, AJAX calendar, in 2005 with Scott Mace. Applied to YCombinator. One of the first teams rejected! Yay?
- Built DryRunner with Scott, made it into one of Jeff Bar's AWS presentation PDFs.
- Built WoodenCube.com. Why anyone would build another blogging platform, especially a niche, is beyond me at this point, but it was a crazy time.
- Built BibleApps.com. Scaled that to the point where we had 5000 new signups a day. Presented at Google.
- Built Appointron.com, my first profitable app. Still in early stage start-up mode with Matt Tharp @ Daring Labs.
- Built Impuslv.com, my first ecommerce app, also with Matt Tharp @ Daring Labs. When launched it was the first embeddable social shopping gadget but we're in the midst of a pivot.
- Starting a fence company with a close friend called South Kansas Fence
- Starting a sermon sharing service with a friend in the business. We even offer sermon analytics! Is that even a thing yet? Hopefully it will be soon.
- Working on a consumer-facing social app called Helllo @ DaringLabs.
- Contributing to the OurOwnLittleAccelerator (OOLA) Podcast.
If you run a small software business or make apps, I would love to hear from you. And if you're ever in Wichita, we should meet for lunch. Email me: b as in boy, t as in Tom, + welchy (at) gmail
Hi Barry.. I have a blog on blogspot and have used your share it gadget since I began it. for the last few months its says the gadget is broken and to remove it which rightly or wrongly I did. So want this gadget to work as it is a tool to share my blog on face book and twitter. Will you have this working soon? Await your reply.. Many blessings.. AmandaReplyDelete
Hi Amanda, we've shut the Share It gadget down. The uptake was strong over the years, but the cost of supporting it was prohibitive. Thanks for being a user and apologies for the abrupt cancellation of the tool.ReplyDelete
Project Centers in Chennai
Final Year Project Domains for CSE
Thanks for the useful information, give more updates like First time I visit your channel really nice, here after a daily visit.ReplyDelete
ecommerce website development company in chennai
This is really useful content and Thank you so much for sharing with us. I want to more updates about this topic.ReplyDelete
Oracle Training in Chennai
Oracle Training institute in chennai
Excel Training in Chennai
Job Openings in Chennai
Placement in Chennai
Pega Training in Chennai
Oracle DBA Training in Chennai
Tableau Training in Chennai
Power BI Training in Chennai
Social Media Marketing Courses in Chennai
Learned a lot of new things in this post. This post gives a piece of excellent information.ReplyDelete
PHP Training in Chennai
PHP Training in Bangalore
PHP Training in Coimbatore
PHP Course in Madurai
DevOps Training in Bangalore
DOT NET Training Institutes in Bangalore
PHP Training Institute in Chennai
PHP Training Institute in Bangalore
PHP Training Institute in Coimbatore
Best PHP Training Institute in Chennai
This was incredibly an exquisite implementation of your ideas buy 1P-LSD in australiaReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing such great blog, it is useful for us.ReplyDelete
PHP Developer In California | Laravel Developer In California | Shopify Developer In California | Website Developer In USA | Portal Developer In USA | Wordpress Developer In USA |
All the applications you were created are really nice and are very useful for entrepreneurial growth.ReplyDelete
Get Out of Stock Notification App for your Shopify eCommerce store to alerts and re-engages users when the product is back in stock.
Writing a blog post is really important for growth of your websites.Thanks for sharing amazing tips. Following this steps will transform the standard of your blog post for sure. Point Of Sale and Custom Software Development.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete